July 23, 2009

Monkeys on the wall!


Finally I got away from my new book that I've been so intensively reading this morning and afternoon. I just could not set it down! I hardly ever, or actually never read anything but now for some reason I have started to read again and this book has totally pulled me in with the plot!

Well my intentions were not to talk about books, but to talk about my and my family's "exiting" trip to a home exhibition at Valkeakoski, Tampere. I love houses and interior because of my mom. She has absolutely loved interior design her whole life and her job is actually within that field so no wonder she raised me into a interior fanatic as I am. We have always a project going on in our own house; we just finished with our new kitchen, which looks absolutely fabulous and the next project is our hallway and my sisters room. Alone my room has been renewed already three times! So obviously my mom really has passion and an eye for this stuff and that's why we had to go to the home exhibition so she would be on top of all the newest trends and fashions in the industry for her job.

The exhibition had a lot of houses to see, but the new trends didn't really seem to interest any of us. Small houses that take less energy, modern interiors and cold colors didn't leave a good taste in our mouths! At least I was very disappointed. Anyhow there was a couple houses that caught our eyes from the outside and a couple interesting details we spotted. But my absolute favorite thing was the monkeys on the wall!


No comments:

Post a Comment