November 10, 2009

Things a woman should know about style


Girls/young women/old women attention!! Are you familiar with Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Katherine Hepburn etc. ? If you're not it's time to get to know them!!

Audrey Hepburn has been my personal idol since I was a little girl sitting on my grandmas sofa watching My Fair Lady and Breakfast At Tiffany's over and over again. I've looked up to her on every step of my life and without her I wouldn't be the same person as I am now. She is recognised all over the world for her well succeeded movies and as the top fashion icon ever! If interested in her and her elegant classical style you must watch Breakfast At Tiffany's. It's the every woman's style guide!



Grace Kelly was one of the most popular Hollywood stars at her time and was actually a real life princess of Monaco and looked like it too. No wonder she has been called the most beautiful woman ever! She was also known for her very glamorous style but what less could you actually expect from a breath taking princess. I haven't really seen any of her films but I can assure you she will look absolutely superb in every one of them. I think I might have to do some more research on her myself too :)

Katherine Hepburn was a phenomenal actress and holds the record of the most Best Actress Oscar wins with 4, from 12 nominations and is ranked as the greatest female star in the history of American cinema. She is called as the First Lady of Cinema. Yet again she is also known for her great sense of style which is quite masculine and manly. I like it ;)

But in the end it all comes down to finding your own great style and not trying to be anyone else than you! :) But if you're looking for some great tips in finding a great classic style that fits you, check out Karen Homers book What a Woman Should Know About Style. I just read it and it was marvellous! It changed the way I look at clothes, how to take care of them, what kind of clothes to buy, what I put on in the mornings before I jump in the car and go to school, etc. It's a really handy book to have as your own and carry in your bag as a bible if you like :D
Have a inspiring rest of the week everybody! ;)

2 comments: